On this tour, guests will explore the bounty of gourmet food available in downtown Ventura, some in the heart of downtown, others a bit off the beaten path. You will also have the opportunity to meet and hear from some of our well known local chefs and shop owners. Always wondered how a mai tai cocktail is made, what makes an olive oil extra virgin, or how to pair cheese with wine? Learn a little bit about the history of downtown Ventura as you sample food at a variety of different stops. For visitors, this tour offers a great introduction into the Ventura restaurant scene; and for locals, it offers an opportunity to play tourist in your own town, try some new restaurants, and meet the proprietors behind some of your favorite eateries.
- Price: Tickets are $65 per person ($59 for those under 21 or who prefer no alcohol). Price includes tastings at six different locations.
- Refunds: Any cancellations made less than 48 hours before a scheduled tour are not eligible for a refund. Cancellations made more than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled tour will be eligible for a full refund.
- When: Tours begin at 10:30am in Downtown Ventura and will run to approximately 2:00pm.
- Diets: This tour is not suited for vegans, lactose intolerant individuals, or a gluten-free diet. If you or anyone in your group is a vegetarian or has any food allergies, please let us know in advance of the tour. Because we notify all of our restaurants and partnering businesses the day prior to the tour, we are not able to accommodate any last minute dietary requests. There will be a wine tasting as part of this tour, please note that guests will be required to show ID.
- Advance purchase required. We suggest all parties plan on booking a week in advance to ensure getting the desired reservation. In order to ensure a spot on the tour (and to give us adequate time to notify our restaurants), reservations will be closed 24 hours prior to each tour.