Book Your Stay
Keep your health momentum going strong or take that first step in the right direction on a new wellness journey when you visit our Ventura County Coast communities. From Camarillo and Port Hueneme to Oxnard and Ventura, opportunities to feed your mind, body, and spirit abound. Whether you’re focusing on nutrition, seeking peace and quiet, or pushing the boundaries of your fitness regimen, we’ve laid out 10 ways to prioritize your health and well-being through experiences that promise to leave you glowing from the inside out.
1. Try Something New: Trying something new and going outside your comfort zone is good for your brain, creativity, and confidence. Have you always wanted to learn to surf? Seize the day and take a lesson with Silver Strand Surf School or Ventura Surf School. Never gone snorkeling? Book a guided snorkeling excursion with Channel Islands Adventure Co. Want to stretch your inner yogi off the mat? Try a water-based class led by Sea Dog Yoga, YOGAqua, or Paddle Into Fitness.
2. Send Yourself to Boot Camp: Book a CrossFit class—or a week’s worth of training—with local fitness pro Nathan Doud and his team. BeachSide CrossFit offers a week-long drop in pass for just $60, so you can live like a local for a week and jump start your fitness routine.
3. Commit to a Race: Joe De Sena, New York Times best-selling author and founder of the Spartan Race, is a big proponent of having a big date on the calendar to motivate you to train harder. Follow his lead and sign up for one of our local races, like the Ventura Marathon (February), Camarillo Marathon (August), or Santa to the Sea half marathon (December).
4. Unplug Offshore: Take a break from screen time and unplug with a day trip to the Channel Islands National Park, considered the Galapagos of North America for its pristine, diverse ecosystem. Ferries and excursions leave from both Channel Islands and Ventura Harbors, and adventure options range from hiking and kayaking to scuba diving.
5. Eat Clean & Green: Eating wholesome, organic food is not only good for your health; it also supports our local farmers and is good for the environment. Stock up on fresh organic produce at one of our regional farmers’ markets: Ventura (Wednesday & Saturday), Oxnard (Thursday), Channel Islands Harbor (Sunday), and Camarillo Old Town (Saturday). For plant-based eateries, check out our guide to the region’s Top 5 Vegan & Vegetarian Dining Destinations.
6. Savor Sustainable Seafood: Seafood is an excellent source of essential nutrients that are low in saturated fat and high in protein. Local fishermen bring their hauls into both of our working harbors and you can savor fresh catch at Lure Fish House in Ventura and Camarillo, Brophy’s and Andrea’s at Ventura Harbor Village and Sea Fresh at Channel Islands Harbor.
7. Find Your Zen: Tap into the meditative and healing powers of the sea with a visit to one of our beautiful, uncrowded beaches. Find your Zen paddle boarding on the glassy waters in and around Channel Islands and Ventura Harbors. Or drop in for a yoga or meditation class at a local studio.
8. Hit the Trails: Forest bathing is a concept that originated in Japan and spread around the globe. Shinrin-yoku is based on the mental and physical health benefits of time spent in nature, which can be as simple as walking among the trees. Check out our guide to Hiking in the Ventura County Coast to find the perfect tree-lined path for you. Explore two outdoor gems in Ventura: Harmon Canyon Preserve and the Ventura Botanical Gardens, both of which offer hiking trails and exquisite vistas.
9. Take a Spin: Biking has a way of reconnecting you to your inner child, and it’s great for your cardiovascular health and strengthening. Learn more about regional biking trails in our Pedal Your Cares Away guide to the best local bike rides.
10. Pamper Yourself: Treat yourself to bodywork and beauty treatments at local spas, be it massages, facials, chiropractic alignment, or one of the many rejuvenating methods on offer. Check out our Self-Care guide for helpful tips and resources and Be Well in Camarillo for more spa-centric ideas.
Take time for yourself for a weekend or even mid-week escape. Browse our welcoming and accommodating lodging options to find your ideal place to rest and relax during your stay.
Ready for self-care vibes in Ventura County Coast? Starting planning your trip!